Analysis of echocardiography results is time consuming. Having to manually measure and assess the outputs of each echo reduces the amount of scans that can realistically be done in the lab – but an automated cloud-based service can change this.
EchoGo Core is our SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) platform that fully automates the echo process. Hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud, the artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) algorithms behind EchoGo Core can accurately detect heart disease and completely standardize measurements with zero variability.
Read on to find out more about how switching from manual to the automated, cloud-based analysis of EchoGo Core can have multiple benefits for your clinicians, your patients, and your entire echo department.
Benefits For Clinicians
The high precision measurements generated by the EchoGo Core AI eliminates any operator variability, leading to confident diagnoses and a reduced need for additional intervention.
Overall processing time is decreased in each step of the clinical post-processing pipeline as well, as echocardiograms are uploaded to the cloud and assessed automatically by our state-of-the-art AI – saving up to 25% of echo study time.
This rapid analysis allows for real-time reports, accelerating patient diagnoses and reducing time-to-treatment.
All views, contours and cycles are automated in the cloud, negating the need for any additional software and saving time for on-site staff by reducing the amount of manual clicks and measurements. Having the further ability to automate multiple images at once in Ultromics’ cloud-based environment will relieve your staff from hours of repetitive processing that has historically been done manually.
Benefits For Patients
EchoGo Core’s artificial intelligence is able to identify billions of physiologic features that can otherwise go unseen by the human eye. Having the ability to spot such subclinical indicators enables earlier and more accurate diagnoses – improving patient outcomes across the board.
An independent review by MedStar, University of Chicago, and The World Alliances of the Societies of Echocardiography (WASE) found that EchoGo Core outperformed manual analysis across a variety of echocardiography measurements. For example:
- EchoGo Core accurately predicted patient outcomes, including a 20% mortality rate across the population, when manual analysis could not.
- Echocardiogram on admission was proven to be a powerful tool to predict death, with Left Ventricular Longitudinal Strain associated with in-hospital mortality, when Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction (LV EF) was not.
- Fully automated quantification of LV EF and LV Global Longitudinal Strain (GLS) using EchoGo Core minimized variability, resulting in greater accuracy in disease detection.
These enhanced abilities in diagnosis and analysis can ultimately lead to higher quality and more accurate patient care, saving more patient lives than ever before.
Benefits For Your Practice
Having a single automated diagnostic tool in place will standardize the level of quality across your whole practice. Each clinician will be able to quickly access the same results and analysis, regardless of whether or not they performed the echo scan themselves.
Further advantages can be gained for your echo department and your practice overall. By processing echo images in the cloud with artificial intelligence, you are able to:
- Innovate faster: All future upgrades are included in your initial subscription, taking just minutes to upgrade to each subsequent release.
- Implement simply: Deployment to your cloud and Azure environment can take as little as 60 minutes, depending on your current configuration.
- Scale effortlessly: Easily switch options to adjust to use case changes, employee moves, or economic shifts.
- Enhance your security: Built-in security, data sovereignty (ISO 27001) and compliance intelligence provides high-level protection for your information.
- Simplify IT: Maintain centralized control and visibility, operate distributed networks via a single cloud-based application, and deploy to other locations in minutes.
- Free up resources: Azure’s service model analysis allows you to offload monitoring & management of on-premise solutions to a securely managed Operation Centre.
- Reduce costs: Our consumption-based pricing model, with no upfront costs or termination fees, allows you to boost operational & financial flexibility and free up capital.
Get EchoGo Core in Your Lab
Continuous updates and automated cloud-based analysis can ensure that your entire organization stays abreast of technological advances in medicine, saves time and reduces errors through optimized workflows, and provides a higher quality of care at lower costs.
As the machine learning algorithms behind our artificial intelligence continue to develop, we are seeing more and more clinics and hospitals utilize EchoGo Core software. Cloud-based technology is revolutionizing the echo process and will likely become the norm over the next few years – so it is vital that your echo department is able to keep pace in this fast-evolving medical landscape.
For further information on how our cloud-based EchoGo Core technology can benefit your practice, download our whitepaper today.