Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 a week
Reports to: Chief of Software Engineering
- Profit sharing/share options
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ultromics is an innovative start-up imaging diagnostics company spun out of the University of Oxford. Ultromics is an inter-disciplinary team, setting new standards for diagnostic imaging solutions powered by artificial intelligence for cardiovascular disease. We have developed an echocardiography analysis platform called EchoGo, that aims to reduce diagnostic errors by 75%, which would significantly increase accuracy for diagnosing coronary artery disease in one of the most widely used diagnostic tests. The company has raised £12 million to take this technology to market in the US and UK.
The role holder will design and develop image analysis applications in line with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop creative and innovative software platforms, as we expect dramatic growth in the usage and visibility of our products.
- Create scalable software platforms and applications, and efficient solutions that are unit tested, code reviewed, and checked regularly using continuous integration.
- Grow existing service platform and network capabilities to handle growth, enabling the provisioning of our diagnostic support service to external customers and support our internal customers.
- Examine existing systems, identifying flaws and creating solutions to improve workflow, efficiency, service uptime.
- Plan and execute full software development life cycles (SDLC) for each assigned project, adhering to company standards and regulatory requirements.
- This list of duties is not exhaustive and the post holder may be asked to carry out other duties through discussion with their line manager.
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or information technology
Evidenced by certificates.
Skills and abilities
- Essential: SCM experience
- Essential: 3+ years’ system design and development experience with Java & Spring
- Essential: Analytical skills – Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Desirable: Proficiency with C# and Python
Evidenced by certificates/application/interview.
- Desirable: Development in a regulated environment,
- Desirable: Development with agile methods
Evidenced by application/interview.
- Essential: Attention to detail and quality of work
- Desirable: Adaptability/Flexibility – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Desirable: Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Maintains standard in all communications.
- Desirable: Creative, innovative – Generates new and innovative solutions to problems.
- Desirable: Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Desirable: Persistence – Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the extra mile to get something done.
- Desirable: Planning and organising – Plans, organises, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Desirable: Proactivity – Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Desirable: Risk taking – Ability to evaluate risks and make sound decisions with appropriate authority and mitigating risks where possible.
- Desirable: Self-motivating/ drive and determination – Keeps work rate up unsupervised – finds things to do and keeps going even in difficult times.
- Desirable: Teamwork – Works effectively with others, contributes strongly, recognises the value of differing contributions, supportive and collaborative
Evidence by application/interview/references.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Entry into employment and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each particular post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
If you’re selected for an interview and have special requirements due to a disability please let us know so that we can make any necessary adjustments.
Information Security Compliance
In this position you are required to read, understand and comply with the Company’s Information Security Policies.
How to Apply
Fill in the form below, making sure you attach the following:
1) Your CV
2) A document detailing how you meet the role requirements and explaining why you are applying for the role.
Fields marked * are required.