Clinical Research Scientist
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 a week
Reports to: Head of R&D
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ultromics is an innovative start-up imaging diagnostics company spun out of the University of Oxford. Ultromics is an inter-disciplinary team, setting new standards for diagnostic imaging solutions powered by artificial intelligence for cardiovascular disease. We have developed an echocardiography analysis platform called EchoGo, that aims to reduce diagnostic errors by 75%, which would significantly increase accuracy for diagnosing coronary artery disease in one of the most widely used diagnostic tests. The company has raised £12 million to take this technology to market in the US and UK.
The Clinical Research Scientist has a background in clinical or biomedical research. They are responsible for the design and management of clinical research activities with Ultromics’ medical and academic partners to evaluate the utility of our technology in a range of clinical indications. Working closely with the Head of RnD and Chief Medical Officer, they perform functions associated with study planning, implementation, monitoring, writing and publishing of clinical research studies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Propose, develop, and implement robust clinical studies to strengthen the scientific knowledge base relating to the clinical utility of Ultromics’ technology
- Identify unmet clinical application that impact the technology/innovation roadmap for clinical applications research
- Relationship manage internal and collaborative research partners
- Provide analysis and statistical support for clinical and research projects
- Support Business Development to support scientific claims and marketing
- Delivery of clinical work packages to ensure study deliverables are achieved for regulatory and adoption substantiation and submissions.
- Drive and support scientific publications including drafting of manuscripts and conference abstracts
- Ensure publication strategy is in line with new advances in the field, including conference attendance
- Develop and maintain a strong external expert and scientific network for collaborations
- Participate in knowledge dissemination between internal teams as well as external stake holders and provide training to staff as required
- Contribute to internal and collaboration research process developments
- This list of duties is not exhaustive and the post holder may be asked to carry out other duties through discussion with their line manager.
- Essential: Academic background in biomedical science or equivalent experience
- Essential: Directly relevant professional/academic achievement equivalent to an advanced degree
- Desirable: PhD or MD in biomedical science, clinical science or related fields.
Evidenced by certificates/application/interview
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Essential: Recognized expertise in clinical studies and/or healthcare industry
- Essential: Understanding of clinical research methodologies
- Essential: Experience of statistical and research methods
- Essential: Ability to identify and make suitable interventions to ensure project delivery
- Essential: Good oral and written communication skills
- Essential: Ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
- Desirable: Experience in designing and executing clinical or biomedical research studies to evaluate new technology/interventions
- Desirable: Understanding of evidence-based medicine and processes that inform this
- Desirable: Proven record in writing peer-reviewed publications
- Desirable: Experience in managing multidisciplinary collaborative clinical projects
- Desirable: Experience in writing grant applications
- Desirable: Experience in statistical analysis (inc. experience with statistical software)
- Desirable: Knowledge of cardiac ultrasound
Evidenced by application/interview
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Entry into employment and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each particular post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
If you’re selected for an interview and have special requirements due to a disability please let us know so that we can make any necessary adjustments.
Information Security Compliance
By applying for this position you are confirming that you will read, understand and comply with the Company’s Information Security Policies if you are hired for this role.
How to Apply
Fill in the form below, making sure you attach the following:
1) Your CV
2) A document detailing how you meet the role requirements and explaining why you are applying for the role.
Fields marked * are required.